Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Li'l ol' me!

So...I handed in my resignation last week. I start my new job on the 11th Dec. But my last ever shift at the cinema will be christmas eve. Though I only have 4 shifts at the cinema after I start my new job. New job. That just sounds scary. I hate going into something not knowing how to do stuff. I wish my brain was already programmed with what I'll need to know. I hate being a newbie...I'll miss my cinema. It's been my home for nearly 6 years. I met my man there. Have lots of cool memories there. And I hate missing out on stuff too - all the new staff, the new movies and all the general happenings. But oh well. They obviously didn't want me to stay that much or didn't think I was that much of an asset, otherwise wouldn't they fight for me?

So we're in the process of filling out all the forms for the mortgage broker. She seemed pretty keen to get us a mortgage...but of course she would be keen, cos if she didn't get us one, then she wouldn't get paid!! I feel like I'm finally growing up. New job, possible mortgage. AND I got my licence AND a car this year. It's been a big year for li'l ol' me!

I hope the christmas party that I've planned goes down ok on the 14th. It sounds good in theory, but will it work out well? Cos the guy who runs the Murder Mystery thing seems a tad unorganised...
Looks like I'll be having a farewell party possibly on the 8th at Raglan, so Xu Sheng can see a New Zealand beach...so to whomever reads this (well those that work there, and those that used to work there) feel free to join us...We'll be hanging out on the beach and having fish and chips for lunch!!! A good ol' kiwi kinda day...

6 comments:

Cavegirl Nat said...

Well, I wish they had fought for you - but I guess that's big business for ya: we're all just numbers in the end. It won't be the same at work without you, though I am really glad for you that you got the new job.

Pretty exciting about getting a house. I am debating whether to save for one or do more travelling, tho it is harder to pay a mortgage on your own, so holiday overseas is winning!

* said...

Yeah, I know it can be a bit disconcerting when the people you've worked for so long don't 'fight' for you. I don't think it's anything to do with how much they value you, because of course April and Karen and your fellow managers will be sorry to lose you. But it's just the way the business is and possibly a reflection of higher management's indifference to staff.

You are so on to it I'm sure you will pick up your new job really quickly. And sooner than you know you'll look back and wonder why it seemed so hard to begin with!

Ooooh, beach-hanging at Raglan?!?! Sounds great - sign me up. And let me know about the date. If it stays on the 8th I'll have to change my day shift somehow.

strangelittlegirl said...

It definitely IS on the 8th April, so try and swap your shift!!

* said...

O-kay-eee... but I might have to sacrifice my weekend off for it!
(Just so's you know how special you are! :) )

strangelittlegirl said...

awwwww shucks!

Janine said...

Hiya :) Had a peek at The Shambles blog and now I have my own! hehe! Hope it's ok, I've added you to my list of other bloggy (Rialto) people :)